Are you kids begging for chicken nuggets? Forgo the deep‐fried nutrient-free dish and instead opt for this delicious almond crusted chicken fingers recipe. Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are high in mono unsaturated fats (the good fats) and they are known to lower bad cholesterol. Almonds contain the antioxidant vitamin E, Calcium, Magnesium and Iron too. All of this makes for a heart healthy nut! A true Superfit Superfood!
Lil’ Chef Kids Cooking Studios, Susan Caldwell
- organic cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large organic egg whites
- 1 lb. organic chicken breast strips
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on the baking sheet coated lightly with cooking spray.
- Place almonds, wheat flour, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until almonds are finely chopped (1 minute).
- While still mixing, drizzle in oil and process until combined. Transfer to shallow dish. Whisk egg whites in separate shallow dish.
- Dip and coat chicken.
- Transfer each piece of chicken to the almond mixture and coat evenly. Place chicken on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray. Turn and spray the other side.
- Bake until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center (20 to 25 minutes).